Monday, December 21, 2009

Ugh.

Truth be told, I'm not doing so well.

Being in prolonged transition isn't fun. I need order and organization and a plan. I'm just winging it. And I'm doing okay for the most part. I have dropped the ball on a few things that have unfortunately been expensive. Ugh. Not a good time for expensive mistakes for the Cason family.

I have A LOT to be thankful for. So many people and circumstances have been just awesome. We are staying with Chuck's brother and sister-in-law and they are just great. We have a really good set up here and the kids feel secure. I couldn't ask for more in that respect.

It's just hard for me to not look at the hard stuff, too. I'm a pessimist at heart. Tristan is sick and has been for a week now. My sleep has been affected and that's no good. Spending time with God has not happened in days. I'm praying A LOT, but that just doesn't cut it for me. I have cried more in this last week than I have in years. It's just a lot to deal with and it's hard. I would really like to just spend a day with the covers over my head, but that's just not in my future. Ugh.

So there you have it. Ugh.

8 comments:

kayder1996 said...

I'm sorry, Juli. I don't like change, need routine, and dislike prolonged transition times. I pray God will give you the strength you need for today and help you focus on the moments at hand, and keep you from worrying or being bothered by the lack of organization/routine.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you.

Christi

Julie said...

Praying for you this morning. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh Juli, my heart cries for you. Wondering where your life is going is really hard. I have not been in your situation, but I have been there. The first time, I fell apart because I did not have God in my life. I am sure it was horrific for you, my child. The second time, I had strayed from God when it happened, and the results were painful for all of us. When I put God first in my life, and rested in the palm of His hand, he saw me through. This valley in your life is a time to get closer to God than ever before, and trust Him implicitly.
I spent those days with the covers over my head in tears..remember?
I am sure they were not a good memory for you.
That mountaintop is within vision..just keep on trusting and believing.
I love you with my whole heart.

Mom

TJ said...

I feel for you, Juli. I imagine this would be a very difficult time and illness and lack of sleep never help! I don't know whether the best advice is look forward to the end result or to focus no further than the current day and current tasks. I'll be praying for things to smooth out!
Love to all,
Terri

Rose Anne said...

Juli,
Give yourself a break. Once you are settled in it will be much easier....
Have a beautiful Christmas!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Kim said...

Praying for you and your family's transition. It must be very hard and stressful for you. I hope you are able to find your joy in time for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I so understand. I am the same way. We were stuck in Florida for a month and I thought I was going to go insane..... so I can only imagine what you are feeling.