Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stats

All three of our boys were seen by the wonderful Dr. D this week. Noah and Samuel had their 4 year well check up and Tristan had his 15 month appointment. Noah and Samuel were also seen by the dentist. Their teeth are cavity free. Oh, and Noah DOES NOT like the dentist. Not even a little. Good times.

Anyway, I thought I'd share where our little guys are at, growth wise.

Noah was 42 1/2 inches tall (90th percentile) and 40 1/2 lbs (75th percentile).

Samuel was 41 1/2 inches tall (90th percentile) and 39 1/2 lbs (75th percentile).

Tristan was 32 inches tall (75th percentile) and 23 lbs 5 oz (25th percentile).

Up until shorts weather, N&S were fine in 3T pants for the most part. Noah could wear a 4T, but had mostly 3T's. Since they are slender, they wore 3T shorts all summer. I realized at the beginning of summer that we needed 4T shirts because their bellies were hanging out. 4T shirts are covering their bellies, but they need a 5T if I buy them long sleeves because their arms are so long. It won't be long (really, they could wear them now, I'm sure) before we are in 5T pants for length. They are tall. However, they are thin so I have to buy them adjustable waists whenever possible. Both boys are wearing size 13 shoes. They have grown SO much in 14 months. I'm pretty sure they came home at 27 lbs (Samuel) and 29 lbs (Noah). Oh, and I have to mention, Samuel's legs are completely fine. We had him rechecked by the orthopedist a few months ago and his legs are no longer bowed. AMAZING.

Tristan wears 12 and 18 months clothing. He is like me... long torso, short legs. So, he can get away with 12 month pants. Most of his tops are 18 months. He is wearing a size 5 shoe. I heard that many babies slow down on weight gain once they start walking. That seems to be true for Tristan. Believe me, he eats. Sometimes he eats the same portion size as me.

Sometimes I stand back in awe of how these kids are growing. I'm just amazed by our Creator and how He grows kids up. Noah and Samuel were in rough shape when they came home (though not nearly as bad as some kids... I will NEVER take that for granted). It is just so amazing to me that if you feed a body what it needs, it just blossoms.

I'm a stickler for healthy eating for my kids. I truly believe you have to start young on making healthy eating a habit for life. My kids get fruit or vegetables with every meal (yes, we do miss sometimes). We also eat home cooked meals most of the time (and occasionally we eat out or have fast food). I try to stay away from foods full of chemicals. I just try to be very aware of what I'm putting into their little developing bodies. I'm not nearly as vigil and freakish as some parents out there... not that I fault them... I just don't have the energy to be super vigilant. I feel that if I can teach my kids healthy habits they will have a better chance at health in the future. And so far, they are healthy. We have very little sickness here. And they are obviously all thriving.

So, that's where they are at. Rose Ann mentioned how big the twins are getting and asked what size they are wearing. It's kind of funny that I was planning this post on stats. So, there you go!

3 comments:

Rose Anne said...

Juli,
I could tell by their pic's...
Saul who will be home 7yrs this coming Sat. is 8 1/2 and only weighs 53lbs and is 4'3" most of that legs...soIwould be lost without the adjustable waist pants!!!
Thanks for the post!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

kayder1996 said...

No bowing legs! That is so stinking awesome! Wow!

Kenson is a long tall guy too. It is so weird how shorts totally change things. We were in 2T shorts all summer and then fall hit and even the 3T stuff is getting short. So we've got some 4T stuff mixed in. His arms are also really long and often 3T long sleeves are too short. When Kenson came home, he was just the average sized kid in the Sunday school room. He's now the tallest. In August, he was in the 95% for height and I think 5th for weight. So we're constantly having to cinch those pants up. But again, it's amazing when you consider no prenatal care and a decent but not balanced diet. We too are sticklers on vegetables/fruit. No reason not to!

kb said...

Jenae's the same size as Noah. :)
Glad to hear about the good dentist report and that they're thriving.