Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday Parties

Last year we didn't have much of a celebration for Noah and Samuel. About all any of us could handle was a quiet celebration at home. So, it was rather fitting that we had TWO parties for them this year.

The first party was just with some immediate family in Michigan. Chuck had a speaking engagement in mid October, so we decided to have cake, ice cream and presents with my family while there. My sister decorated everything with Cars and the boys opened presents from the family. The highlight was that they got bikes from Grandma and Grandpa Herb. They had been waiting FOREVER for their bikes.

On their actual birthday on November 9, we didn't do anything. I told them that it was their birthday, but that we would have a birthday party with FRIENDS and JUMPING on Saturday. I went back and forth on the type of party I would throw for them. I would have liked to have had a party here at the house, but November is just so iffy here in Virginia. We ended up having a party at an indoor inflatable park and I'm so glad we did. The weather was dreadful that day, so I'm so thankful we didn't plan the party here.

Noah, Samuel and 14 of their little friends jumped and ran and slid and bumped heads and had a BLAST. Us parents were able to enjoy some time talking as the kids had fun. It was a great party setting and I'd highly recommend it. My only regret is that I had booked us for a smaller party and then realized we'd need to book a bigger party. By the time I made that realization, we were too late to switch into a bigger party room, so the pizza, cake and presents time was crammed and most of the parents just stayed outside the room.

We made the decision a long time ago that we will never sing Happy Birthday to both boys at the same time. They are individuals and deserve their own song. We sang to Samuel first and he wasn't sure what to think with the lights off and everyone singing off-key. After he blew out his candle it took me a moment to get the cake and Noah's candle situated. Once we were all set, Noah exclaimed, "OKAY!" letting us know we were all ready. He was so excited to be sung to! He totally enjoyed all of us singing and focusing our attention on him for a moment.

My dear friend, Amanda (who has the cutest, tiniest little girls who just LOVE LOVE LOVE my boys) took pictures while the boys unwrapped gifts. Chuck took a ton of video footage, but I'm not sure if that will make it to the blog. We tend to wait a looooong time before actually downloading it from the camera (kind of like me and pictures from my camera...).

Anyway, please enjoy the pictures. I have pictures from both parties. (I apologize for the quality of the photos. I have a not-so-great camera and I'm not at all a photographer.) I absolutely loved throwing parties for these two. I had no idea I'd be so excited for their parties, but I was.



Noah and Daddy

Samuel


It was dark... so you can't see just how excited they were!


Noah


Samuel
My sister hooked them up with Cars outfits
and hats and all sorts of other Cars stuff.

Suffering through Mommy reading a
card and waiting to open presents.

Presents!!


A Cars cake, of course!


Lilly and Mya
The love between these girls and my boys is PRECIOUS.


CAKE!!
And yes, they had the same Cars cake at this party, too!


Samuel with a freshly opened gift from Sam.


Noah opening a gift.


Happy Birthday, Noah!


Happy Birthday, Samuel!


Friends!


More friends!!


Noah climbing up.


Samuel... really, he was having a good time.


Samuel sliding
I have to note that just 7 months ago neither of
the boys was able to play here... it was just too
overwhelming for them. They've come so far!

Noah with Samuel and Lilly in the background.


Noah


Noah climbing up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adore the pics! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Love,
Gramma

Kathy Cassel said...

I can't believe how big they are!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! Thanks for sharing!
Christi

Rose Anne said...

Juli,
Wow, great pic's but those boys are surly growing fast .....
What size are they wearing now?
God Bless,
Rose Anne