Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Bully

Yesterday Tristan attacked Samuel.

Samuel has nearly 3 years and 15 pounds on Tristan, but he was reduced to tears.

Tristan had a toy in his hand that belonged to Samuel. Samuel took the toy from Tristan. Tristan retaliated (he is really learning how to master a temper tantrum lately). His retaliation was to hit Samuel with his hand in a claw like position. His unkempt nails added to Samuel's injury, I'm sure.

All the while Tristan was screaming at the top of his lungs. And that is loud. I'm not sure I've ever blogged about how very loud he is, but he holds a record in the nursery at the hospital he was born at. And we have friends who will tell you he's the loudest baby they've ever heard. I mean, really, I wish we were breaking some other type of record but nooooo. We get the screaming banshee baby record.

Tristan's screaming was so loud that Noah began to cry. Noah was on edge from a recent time out, but still. In a matter of seconds 11 month old Tristan reduced his twin older brothers to tears.

I think we might have a bully on our hands.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehehehe!!!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Though this story cracks me up...I still feel bad for the twins. :(
Poor lil mugs!

Christi

Kim said...

So funny, that happens at our house too! E. is 3, S. is 18 months. S. can beat up E. and E. will stand there screaming and crying until someone intervenes. I say, "E. just walk away." and he looks at me like "it's that easy?" How do you reason with a special needs 18 month old toddler? But if all you need to do is remove your arm from the vicinity of the baby.. there you go.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like Asher. Asher is super loud. And he hits the other kids too!

We should just put the two of them together and see what happens.