Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Special

I find myself constantly thinking about what I was doing this time last year. I've been doing it basically since a year from when we learned we were pregnant (late November). So much has changed that I can't help but think about how different life was just a year ago.

Well, the first week of April last year we knew we were expecting a baby boy. I was in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so I had energy and no pain :). (That third trimester was killer on my back.) I also spent the week with my Dad. I had a flight voucher that I needed to use up so I went to visit my Dad in central Florida. The weather was not yet too hot. And I relaxed.

I mean really relaxed.

My personality type is such that I never sit still. There is always something to do and I feel guilty if I'm not working on something. I had no projects or work to do while visiting my Dad. We slept in, watched TV, ate out a bunch, did Sudoku puzzles, and hung out with some of his friends. We went to the beach and to Busch Gardens and celebrated Dad's birthday. It was an awesome, relaxing time. It was also one on one time with just my Dad and I loved that. It was a really special week - both as it was happening and in retrospect. I know it will always be a time I look back on fondly.

So, Dad, if you're reading I just want to thank you again for a special time last year. A lot has changed since and I'm so glad we got to spend that time together. I will always remember it and be thankful for it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sniffle, sniffle...weep weep! What a beautiful post!