Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's a Twin Thing...

I need to make a request.

It's my hope you won't think I'm ungrateful or asking for more.

But, I need to request that toys not be purchased for the boys to "share." Such toys cause fights. These boys know how to play together. They love each other deeply and connect with each other in a way that most siblings don't connect. But, if I ask them to share a really cool toy, it does not go well. I hate to see them fight like this and quite honestly, I will lose my sanity.

What usually ends up happening is that neither of them get to play with the toy because I take it.

If I could, I would just buy a second of every toy that we get for them to share. I just don't have the money to do that.

Some games and flash cards, etc. obviously don't need to be duplicated. If you have something in mind and are unsure if two are necessary, please ask.

Please don't get me wrong - we're very grateful for every.single.thing we've been given. At this age (developmentally and as twins) it's just unfair to ask them to share. I promise, we will teach them to share.

Thanks for understanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are pple allowed to buy them stuff if they buy 2 identical toys?

-Curious Deej