Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Do You Love Your Stroller?

Do you, or did you, love your stroller? That is the question.

I have two strollers. I don't love either of them. They work, but they don't meet all my needs. One of them is the Combi Twin Savvy Stroller. My main problem with this stroller is that it is hard to push. It doesn't roll smoothly or turn well and because it is a side by side double stroller, it is hard to get through doorways and narrow spaces. It has baskets under each seat, but they weren't engineered well so it's hard to get stuff in and out. And it doesn't have cup holders for me or the kids. I think cup holders are important. Don't get me wrong - I definitely use this stroller. Tristan's infant seats clips onto it, so we've used it a bunch.

My other stroller is a Graco single stroller that was given to me second hand. It rolls super smooth, has cup holders for me, and has great storage. I also like that I can loop Tristan's diaper bag over the handle area. The seating area is weird, though. It is designed to either work as a seat or open into a tiny crib area. The harness that goes between the legs is in a really weird place, though, so Tristan gets this mad g-lean going on and doesn't stay happy.

What I'm looking for in a stroller is cup holders for me and Chuck. I've tried the kind you buy and hook on, and I've broken them. I also want a tray and cup holder for the kid(s). I need to have lots of storage space because I travel with two diaper bags and my purse (I refuse to give it up and move into the diaper bag!). I also usually stick my baby bjorn and the boys' back pack leashes in the stroller. I want something that rolls easy and turns on a dime. I'd also like a reclining seat. Obviously, I might not find all of this in a double or triple stroller, but does it exist in a single?

Tell me if you've found the stroller!

Thanks!

6 comments:

ZORT said...

I LOVE the stroller we have for our son. It is the Graco Quattro Tour. We have the single stroller, but I just looked at the Graco website and they do make it as a double stroller. With our daughter we traveled lots and had many different strollers and this one is definetely the best of any stroller we have ever had. I also need to be able to have lots of storage and this one has it all.

I hope this helps you. :)

Anonymous said...

If we're gonna put it out there...let's be totally honest. We need cup holders that will fit our 40 oz.'ers. Also, don't forget about some kind of traveling ash tray. It's been getting really awkward having to flick my cigarette ashes onto the kids lap bar. And they wont stop fussing over it. That's what I'm really tired of...all the whinning..."ouch! daddy...it hurts my eyes!" Cant's someone just make a stroller with an ash tray for cryin out loud.

Jodie said...

I had an Evenflo (bought 5 year ago, so I don't know if they're the same) for one child. It had two really big cup holders (I like big cups, too) -- one inside the compartment, one next to it. It had a closeable compartment (not with a cup in it, obviously). One-hand fold. Handle for easy one-handed steering. Extra-large basket that didn't stick out too far (I rarely kicked it when walking).

I loved that stroller.

Chuck, you're a dork.

Juli said...

Thanks, Kiger family and Jodie! And yes, Jodie, he is a dork!

Jen said...

I can't help you, I have stroller envy. We didn't buy a new one with this baby because we still had her big brother's, a 6 year old Graco. But it squeaks and creaks mercilessly, and it's a little wider than I'd like, so I'm always bumping into things and I have nearly destroyed several store displays. But it does have rockin' cup holders, so I guess life isn't so bad after all. :)

Anonymous said...

I love our McLaren. Easy to fit in any car. Rolls smothly. Looks great. And it is comfy.
(I know this post is a little bit older but ...)