Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Milestone

We have swaddled Tristan for sleep since birth. I never expected we'd be swaddling a 6 month old, 18 lb baby, but we did. Loose arms meant little sleep for Tristan and us.

This morning during his nap, Tristan rolled over while swaddled. His rolling skills have been growing and he took them to a new level with the swaddle. So, we have to finally let go of the swaddle at 6 months, 1 week. We've done one nap and one bedtime now. Tristan went down each time with a fight.

I wondered how we'd ever give it up and now it is over. It seems like time is flying and he is doing something new every day. Chuck lowered his crib tonight, too. My baby is growing up.

Am I a total freak for being emotional about this??!!

4 comments:

TJ said...

Thank you for entertaining me - your baby is growing up - there are so many bittersweet moments in that process. I'd put you in the same category of crazy that I'm in....

I am shocked too that he lasted so long with the swaddle - did you mean that he went down with OR without a fight - just curious?

Visiting you is a priority for me this week - I'll get in touch later today - hopefully it works out.

Miss you much.
Terri

Natalie said...

We had that problem with the binky...persevere. It takes about a week.
Praying you get a nap today!

Jen said...

Nope, you're not a freak for being emotional about it. Totally normal!! Sometimes I want to freeze the baby right where she's at, but then we'd miss out on all the fun milestones to come!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely a FREAK but not because of that! :P
The
Deej