Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random Thoughts Before Bed

My bloglessness lately has not been because of lack of material. There are just not enough hours in the day. Or maybe there are too many. Definitely not enough sleeping hours, but I digress. Here are some things I've been meaning to blog about.
  • We are having family pictures taken tomorrow. For free. I love free. Someone left a comment on my blog a few months back about an organization called Celebrate Adoption. They work with photographers all over the country to provide free family pictures to newly adoptive families. We are doing pictures at the beach and we're really hoping the weather cooperates.
  • Tristan is so very close to rolling over. Any day now.
  • Tristan is still waking up throughout the night. I think it is due to his addiction to his pacifier. Lack of sleep has the ability to make me crazy. I hope I get a good stretch of sleep soon.
  • Noah and Samuel are enjoying calling me Juli. They do so about 50% of the time. Especially Noah. We are constantly reminding them to call me Mommy.
  • Tristan goes to the doctor tomorrow. We'll see just how chunky he is. I'm guessing he's over 16lbs now. We shall see.
  • If you would, please pray for the McDonald family. Their kids' visa appointment is tomorrow morning. They are really hoping to bring their three girls home from Haiti before Christmas. What a gift that would be!
  • There are lots of families adopting from Haiti who are stuck in various steps. Some have waited A REALLY LONG TIME. Please pray for these families as they weather another Christmas without their kids home. I know what that's like. It's hard.
  • Today the pest control guy was here to spray for bugs. After he left Noah said, "By uhh uhh Grandpa." He knew it wasn't Papa (Chuck), but he worked really hard to give the guy a name. Even funnier is that the guy was probably in his 30s. Luckily he didn't hear it.
  • Chuck has gotten in the habit of telling the boys to give him some sugar when he wants a kiss. Samuel will now only kiss me if I ask for sugar. He is seriously a hilarious kid. Noah is too, but he doesn't mean to be. Samuel likes to be funny and he is really good at it.
  • The other night I went to check on the boys before going to bed and found Noah in Samuel's bed. When they first came home they slept together, but they've been sleeping separately for probably 2 1/2 months now. It was so sweet to see, but really makes me wonder why. Did the poor guy have a bad dream?? I'm so grateful they have each other.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now. Off to sleep I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me about the family photos....awesome! I can't wait to see them.
I think you should make mention of the fact that Samuel is pronounced Samel by the boys. That makes me laugh everytime I think about it.

Give me some sugar.

Christi
PS--Did I mention I'm a bad Aunt and the Christmas presents will be late? Yup...I suck. They're chilling in my back seat right now waiting to go to the post office.

C said...

You seriously have some of the cutest, stinkin' kids!

kayder1996 said...

Knowing they are trying to call you Juli made me chuckle. Makes you wonder what goes on in their little heads. And I too am glad they have each other. I worry about Kenson coming home and being all alone with just his parents to rattle around with. I think having a sibling of some kind would help to make the transition easier.