Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Internet Fast

Well, it's long overdue. Sometimes I find it necessary to step away from the internet for a while. It's been too long since I've done this. It will not be easy, but I think it's what God is asking me to do.

The hardest part of the fast will be thinking that I'm missing out on big news. I follow a lot of blogs and groups, and it will be hard to not know what is going on from day to day. However, my experience with internet fasting is that God gets things done when I'm not looking.

During this time I will have some focused prayer for our adoption as well as the adoptions and other pressing matters of others. Each time my thoughts go to checking the computer, I will turn it into prayer.

My plan is to check email once a day (you know, instead of like 100 times a day), so if you email and I don't respond for a while, that's why. Chuck and I will be away for a few days during this time, so I probably won't be checking email on those days.

My fast will begin tomorrow morning and extend through next Tuesday, so you won't be hearing from me for a while. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Terry said...

I'm with you Juli, I think next month I will do the same. I pray you have a friutful experience listening to the voice of God!

This month I've given up the right to complain! I've notice that my tendancy to complain was much more than I realized. Now, instead of complain, I pray a blessing. It's hard to retrain, but I feel my heart change when I do it!

God Bless! Terry PS. You're not missing a thing! :-)

Kathy Cassel said...

Hopefully you'll have good news to post when that time is done.

Heather said...

Hi, I'm glad you commented on our blog so that I could follow the link to find yours! Are your boys twins?!! Which orphanage in Haiti!? So glad to have found you!
Heather

Juli said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

Heather, yes, our boys are twins. They are 28 months old and live at Maison des Enfants de Dieu, which is affiliated with For His Glory stateside. I absolutely love reading your blog! It gives me such hope.