Friday, March 28, 2008

Another Peek

I had my monthly doctor's visit today. It was the most entertaining visit so far. First of all, the nurse gave me a hard time for NOT gaining weight. Apparently I've only gained 8 pounds. I reminded her that I don't need to gain a bunch of weight since I started off with more than I need. I also let her know that I've had the stomach flu since Tuesday night, so perhaps that has something to do with it. The nurse did tell me that I can expect to "blow up" in the last trimester. Oh yeah.I was seen by the nurse practitioner and she didn't mention my weight, so I'm assuming it's fine. I told her about my flu and that I've not been drinking enough water the last few days. They checked me for dehydration and I'm okay.Next the nurse practitioner tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. I say tried because she couldn't find it. Talk about freaking out! She didn't seem concerned. She just said the baby was running around too fast in there to find it. So, she went and got an ultrasound machine and looked at the baby. We were very relieved to see the baby moving around. She took a number of pictures for us and showed us various parts...some of which were boy parts. She told us not to go buying all blue, but that she thinks it's a boy. So, that's two ultrasounds where they think it's a boy.All in all it was a good visit, even if I'm not feeling very good. I was told to keep drinking water and to follow the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet until I'm feeling back to normal.That's all for now. :)
Posted by Mama Bear at 1:16 PM 3 comments
Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's a...
Okay, so we went for the ultrasound and of course, our little one was not positioned well to determine the sex.However, based on what she could see (and we have a picture of it), she thinks it's a...BOY!!
Posted by Mama Bear at 11:43 AM 1 comments
Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update
All went well at our doctor's appointment on Friday. We saw the PA on staff and she was nice. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat again, which is always reassuring. They did my glucose test (yes, way early) because in the last year I've tested high in the blood sugar area. If there is a problem, I'll likely hear about it Monday or Tuesday. And the big news is that we are scheduled for an ultrasound on March 12th. Yes, this is the ultrasound, the one where they tell you what kind of baby you are having if the baby cooperates. I will be exactly 19 weeks that day.I haven't really "popped" yet, so to speak. Yes, I have a bit of a belly going on, but not the kind that makes you think, "Oh, she's pregnant." More than likely people see it and think, "Slow down on the cheeseburgers, girl!" Oh well, in time it will be the real deal pregnant belly. For now I just look more fat than usual. The most annoying thing is that I have a fat roll above my belly button and the baby bulge is below the belly button. I'm looking forward to when the two merge and become one.Oh, and in case you're wondering, I've been feeling fantastic lately. So fantastic that before we heard the heartbeat I honestly wondered if I was still pregnant at times. I have brushed my teeth numerous times without gagging. About the only thing I could complain about is that I'm more tired than usual, but really - I love sleep so I'm not complaining. If I have a good excuse to nap I'm going to take it. Pregnant dreams are proving to be real interesting. Just last night I was screaming at a friend in my dream. That's not something I generally practice, so I thought it was hilarious. So did my friend.Okay, that's all for now. Bye!

No comments: