Thursday, October 19, 2006

IBESR News

I'm so excited to share that 2 more dossiers from our Orphanage were released from IBESR (Haitian Social Services) yesterday! This is great news. In the last 2 weeks we've seen 4 dossiers released. The new Director seems to be working away. She was installed at the beginning of the months and it seems that all my prayers that she would be motivated to push out dossiers have been answered!

The last Director seemed to sit on dossiers. I've heard that when IBESR is working efficiently they can process a dossier in 4-6 weeks. Most people have been waiting 6-8 months (or more). It is my prayer that the wait time is reduced drastically because of the new Director. I was just telling my mom today that hopefully people who send thier dossiers to Haiti within the next couple months will experience a much shorter wait time. And, if the wait time does get shorter, more and more families will want to adopt from Haiti because of a short wait. God, please keep moving!! These kids need to be home with their families!

I can now count the days to my next trip to Haiti on my hands and feet. In 20 days I will be with our boys. I can't wait to hold them and love on them. I will be rooming with a lady whose dossier was released from IBESR last week. She waited one year and 6 days for it to be released. I can't wait to here her share about all the growth that she experienced through it all.

I know our boys will be home in God's time and that it will be in His perfect timing. I don't know how I'd go through the roller coaster of emotions that adoption brings without faith in God. I give all kinds of praise to Him for how He moves and has taken care of Chuck and I through this process so far.

That's enough for now. Hopefully I'll continue to have great news of dossiers being released from IBESR and children coming home.

No comments: