Friday, October 27, 2006

Another Dossier Released

Hooray!! Another dossier (adoption paperwork) was released from IBESR (Haitian Social Services) this week! That means another little one is going home within the next 2-3 months! I've been praying for 2 dossiers to be released each week from our orphanage. I can't bring myself to ask God to float our dossier up to the top of the stack, so instead I'm asking Him to get through the stack quickly. So far, He's been doing just that.

As our trip draws closer (12 days!) my excitement level continues to climb. Some good friends of ours donated a bunch of formula to the orphanage yesterday. I thank God so much for them! I began taking my anti-malaria medicine this week, so I know the trip is close! I can't wait to squeeze our boys and see how much they've grown and developped. Even with the closeness of the trip and the reality setting in that I'm going soon, it's still quite surreal. I keep saying, "I had no intention of going on this trip. Isn't God funny? I say, 'no' and He says, 'oh, yes you will go and I'll make certain you do.'"

The last thing I'll talk about is compassion. This is something I lack. It is very easy for me to see something, process it, and move on. However, God has been adding it to me slowly. Each time I go to Haiti God grows my heart for people more. Mission trips always grow and stretch me, so I'm looking forward to how God will teach me on this trip. Okay, that's enough for now!

No comments: