Saturday, August 22, 2009

Snuggler

Late January, 2009

It surprised me today when I realized that I've never blogged about what a snuggler Tristan is. He's been that way since birth and I don't think I've ever mentioned it. Weird.

So, yeah, he's a snuggly little guy. He has always liked to be held. Even still, he will take a break from crawling around and playing to spend some time in the arms of me or Chuck.

When Tristan was an infant, he demanded to be held. He has a super flat head (still! but don't worry the Dr. has been watching it), but it is not from being left laying on the back of his head! In fact, when I'd talk about it with people (you know, cuz I was worried about it) I'd always share that we definitely hold him.

Something that has soothed him while upset right from the beginning is to cup his face with the palm of my hand. He nuzzles into it and calms down, usually. And, while holding him, if you put your face against his, he will nuzzle in hard. He likes to snuggle on our shoulders, too. And he naps best in our arms. 6o minutes is about tops for sleeping in his crib for a nap, but he'll snooze for 2 hours if we sit and hold him. It doesn't happen often, though!

I guess the strange part for me is that I'm not a snuggler. I'm more of a "Don't touch me!" kind of gal. You can ask Chuck about that. We bought a king size bed a year and a half ago and one of the things I love is that I don't touch anyone while sleeping!

But, I love to snuggle Tristan. I just can't resist those little baby nuzzles. And even weirder... he's a really sweaty baby. When he sleeps his head gets soaked in perspiration. And I'll still snuggle his sweaty little head... even let him rub it on my skin (so gross!).

I guess it's a mother's love thing. And I love it!

3 comments:

TJ said...

I know and love those snuggles!
He's my favorite snugglebug!
Auntie Terri

Anonymous said...

He's such the snuggler. I hope mines is a snuggler too. I took some really cute pics of Tristan snuggling with Grandpa. You'll have to see them..

Christi

Juli said...

Christi, please send me the pics of Grandpa and Tristan!!

I forgot to mention that sometimes he will grab my hand and put it to his head or face. SO sweet! He did that today before a nap.