Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm just gonna put it out there...

I had a great Mother's Day. Breakfast in bed and all that kind of jazz doesn't happen when your husband is a pastor and has to leave the house early. That's okay, though, because I'd be freaked about getting crumbs in the sheets. I did get surprised after church with Chuck taking all three kids home and letting me have some time to myself after church. I went to lunch with my friends Dana and Samantha. Samantha is moving to Las Vegas on Tuesday to help start a church, so getting some hang-time with her was a bonus. We went to Taste Unlimited (local place and my first time) and it was yum.

I also got the Wii Fit and a bunch of accesories for it. I had asked for the Wii Fit and then unasked for it after researching it some. Chuck got it for me anyway and I'm glad he did. I had fun trying it out yesterday before we went to the oceanfront. We took the boys to see monster trucks at the beach. It was a lot more fun than I expected. It was really fun to walk on the boardwalk with the kids. It helped that they were all in good moods. We left promptly when Tristan started screaming.

Yesterday I got no less than 10 text messages with some sort of Happy Mother's Day message. I love technology - especially the ability to text message. I think it eliminates all kinds of useless chatter when you just have a simple question or statement. Chuck and I use it a bunch and it helps us stay connected throughout the day when we use it.

However, there is something not so warm and fuzzy about getting a text message that obviously went out to all the moms programmed in your cell phone. In fact, it felt more special when two separate strangers at the beach wished me a Happy Mother's Day.

I'm not posting this to shame anyone. I plan to stick to the good-ole-fashion telephone or card for special occasions. Maybe I'm wrong. Or old-fasioned. Just my opinion.

No comments: