Friday, June 06, 2008

Garden Update

Today Chuck weeded the garden for me. He is awesome. It was like 100 degrees out and the garden was infested with weeds. He is such a good husband!

He came in to tell me that we had some red tomatoes. Sure enough, there were 3 red cherry tomatoes. I picked them, washed them, and then coaxed Chuck into eating one. Chuck hates tomatoes. He says they taste like fart. I don't even know why he knows what farts taste like, but that's his deal. Anyway, he said, "It's the best tomato I've ever had."

7 out of 8 pepper plants have peppers growing on them. The cucumber plants have really taken off, but I don't see any cucumbers yet.

So, apparently my black thumb isn't so bad after all!

5 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Thanks for the laugh! Sounds like your garden is growing quite nicely.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I knew you could do it. :)

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so like an 8 year old... taste like fart... hehehehe.

Ginny said...

You guys must have gotten an early start! We don't have peppers or tomatoes yet, but are eating english peas now. However, our garden is still infested with weeds. We can't take the 100 degree weather. Isn't this crazy? I hope it ends soon. I realize I took our long cool spring for granted.

Anonymous said...

ok, ok, tim to post again!

Love,
Mama