Monday, January 28, 2008

Heard the Heartbeat

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was very exciting. Papa Bear was jumping up and down, fighting back tears. The doctor prepared us ahead of time that she might have a hard time finding it since I'm only 12 weeks, but she found it right away. She said it sounded just as it should.I talked to the doctor about how crappy I've been feeling lately. I'm not throwing up, but I'm nauseous and burpy nearly all the time for the last few weeks. Once she learned that I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins she said to me, "You eat whatever you want. Whatever you like." To this I responded, "I like you!" I'm praying I feel better soon. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with how sick I feel. Last night was one of those times and I just cried.So, things are good with the baby. I go back to the doctor on February 29th. And the appointment after that is when we find out the sex of the baby, I think. And yes, we are definitely finding out!

No comments: