Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Hardest Part

My new nephew, Judah. Is he cute or what?!

I've lived far away from my family for the last 10 years and the hardest part is not being able to be there for special occasions or when I know I could be of help.

In December I had to miss my sister's baby shower because we were moving. On February 12th she gave birth to a beautiful lil guy via c-section. His name is Judah Michael and I can't wait to meet him.

My sister is in that new-mom-not-so-sure stage (while recovering from major surgery), something I know a lot about since I did the new-mom-not-so-sure thing (while recovering from major surgery) with three kids instead of one. I understand how she feels and I just want to be there to encourage her and help her and cook and clean for her.

But I am here. And I can't be there right now because Chuck's schedule is crazy right now. Oh, and flights are insanely priced, too.

And that is the hardest part for me. Knowing I could help and encourage her and not being able to... ugh. It is hard.

I LOVE YOU, CHRISTI!!! You are a great mommy and it gets easier, I promise! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much. Thanks for being so good to me. Your calls are precious to me. I mean it.

I can't wait for you to meet my lil man either. Maybe one of us can win some plane tix some how.

Christi