Monday, November 06, 2006

Haiti on Wednesday!

Well, it's Monday night and I'm in the last stages of packing! I'm so very excited! Today was a rough day. I didn't sleep nearly enough last night (up late packing) and I woke up with a terrible headache that stayed with me until 7 p.m. Thank God and Alka Seltzer - it's gone. I took Motrin 3 times today trying to get rid of that headache and Alks Seltzer did the trick. A great big thank you to Leann for telling me about it!

God keeps sending formula my way. I'm taking a ton of formula with me to Haiti. So many generous people have made donations. Thank you to all of you! Please pray that my suitcases stay within 20 lbs over the weight limit. It gets expensive after that.

Tomorrow morning I'll arrive in Miami and stay the night. The flight to Haiti is at 10 a.m. on Wednesday. I'll be back late on Sunday night. If you'd like to pray, please pray specifically for:
  • All the babies that are sick to get well, and that all the healthy babies stay well.
  • For safety. Kidnappings are a reality in Haiti. We will be well protected by armed security everywhere we go.
  • For God's plan for this trip to happen and bring Him glory. May we accomplish much in the short time we have there.
  • For me to rely on God and not myself in taking care of the boys.

On Thursday I will have a small birthday celebration in our hotel room for the boys. I can't wait to see them covered in chocolate frosting. I learned something new tonight in the kitchen. Angel food cake expands when cooking. How do I know, you ask? Well, I decided to make the boys cakes out of angel food cake mix. I've never made it before, but I figured it might keep better than regular cake for a few days of travel. Well, I filled a small cake pan and put it in the oven. Within 5 minutes it was pouring out of the cake pan and all over the oven. Too funny! I really did read the directions and they said nothing about how far to fill the pans. Oh well, it was fun and Chuck cleaned it up!

Well, that's all for now. I will really try to post here while I'm in Haiti, but I must warn you that when Chuck and I were in Haiti in July with the boys we never made it to the computers in the hotel. We were just too busy caring for the boys. So I apologize in advance if I don't post.

No comments: