Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Woooooooohoooooooo!!

I got the phone call we've been waiting FOREVER for today!! We are out of IBESR! Woohoo!! IBESR is Haiti's social services. They have the task of approving (or not approving) families for adoption. We waited 6 months and 9 days for this news. Our timeline is now probably 3-5 months before the boys come home.

I do have a prayer request regarding this, though. Our attorney had his briefcase stolen last week, and in it were receipts for our files. IBESR won't give him the files without the receipts or a copy of the police report proving that his briefcase was stolen. Please pray that he can get them a copy of the police report and that he be kept safe as he travels about to get it. Once our files are released to him they still have a number of steps to go through before we get the very best phone call ever - the 'come and get them' call!

Thanks for all your love and prayers. Oh, and I realized why January 16th was such a hard day (see previous post). January 16th was the one year anniversary of receiving the referall for the twins. No wonder it was such a hard day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli!
I found your sight from a post your sister made on myspace and have spent the last half hour reading your adoption story! I'm so happy for you and your husband. I know that you will make a great mother. I have been keeping you and your family in my prayer.
Much Love,
Amanda